The following information has been prepared to assist you when vacating the property. We ask that you attend to the following items prior to the final inspection. This will assist you in receiving your bond refund without delay. Should you require the services of a cleaner, gardener and/or carpet cleaner, please contact this office for details.
- The property is left in a very clean and tidy condition throughout.
- Stove, griller, drip trays and range hood to be cleaned and grease free.
- Exhaust fans to be removed and cleaned/air vents to be dusted/cleaned.
- Windows, tracks and windowsills to be cleaned inside and out.
- All cupboards and drawers to be cleaned inside and out
- All marks to be removed from walls, skirting boards and picture rails to be dusted, swipe marks from cleaning products to be rinsed off.
- All light fittings to be cleaned; all light bulbs are to be in working order.
- Carpets to be professionally cleaned. A receipt to be provided to the office on vacating.
- Drapes/curtains/blinds/venetians to be cleaned according to cleaning instructions.
- Cobwebs inside and outside to be removed.
- Lawns to be mowed, edges to be trimmed.
- Flower beds, gardens and pebble areas to be weeded.
- No rubbish to be left in garden or garage.
- Pay particular attention to bathrooms: toilets shower recesses, bathroom cabinets.
- Shower recess to be scrubbed and free of soap scum, residue and mildew, shower screen to be cleaned, shower curtain to be replaced (if applicable).
- Driveways, carports and all concrete areas to be left free from oil and grease stains.
- Place household rubbish in bins ready for Council collection.
- All inventory items to be accounted for.
- The premises are to be treated for fleas internally & externally by a professional pest control company if an animal has been maintained at the property and a receipt provided to the office on vacating.
- Damage to the property during occupancy must be repaired prior to the final inspection. Please contact the office before repairs are carried out. If repairs are not done to our satisfaction, a professional tradesperson will rectify the job at the expense of the tenant.
If applicable, a final water meter reading will be taken at the final inspection and your final water usage will be calculated. This invoice must be paid before your bond is released.
We ask that, before the final inspection, you:
- Advise our office of your new forwarding address and phone number.
- Pay your rent until the vacating date.
- Return all keys to this office including letterbox keys – especially if you have changed any locks. Please note that rent is due and payable until all keys are returned.
- Arrange disconnection of your telephone, electricity and gas supply and rental payments.
- Re-direct mail to your new address.